May Monthly Speaker Series
Pre-registration for this event is closed. On site registration will be offered on a space available basis.
Join AFFIRM on Thursday, May 17th for a discussion with the OMB leaders regarding the newly released Federal IT Services Shared Services Strategy, commonly referred to as “Shared First”.
You’ll learn how to implement this mandate and improve return on investment from your IT portfolio, close the productivity gap by implementing integrated governance and innovation, and increase your communications with agency stakeholders.
This hands-on session will delineate in detail the deliverables of the Shared First strategy and how you can bring greater innovation to your agency for less. As a pre-cursor to this session, read the report: http://www.cio.gov/documents/Shared_Services_Strategy.pdf.
During this session, you will learn:
- What are the deadlines that federal agencies must now be held accountable to in the next 12 months?
- What is expected from submission of an Enterprise Roadmap to OMB?
- Commodity IT is first on the list of items to be shared. Agency CIO's can accelerate the adoption of 'Shared First' by focusing on commodity IT. How should agencies use the PortfolioStat process and agency-wide enterprise architecture to identify areas of waste and duplication?
- Agencies must develop a line of business service plan by Aug 31. What does this include and how will this affect changes to services?
- There will be an online IT services catalog that will launch in FY12. What will be the available services and contract vehicles that will give a full spectrum of interagency IT shared service options?
- Shared services could mean major cuts for the government's federal information technology spend. Learn more about what this may mean to you.
Location and Date:
Thurday, May 17, 2012
12:00 - 1:30pm - Luncheon & Program
806 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Metro: McPherson Square (Orange & Blue)
(map and driving directions)
There are limited valet parking spots at the hotel. Other parking options are:
Locations on H Street, between 15th and 14th
- Marc Valet
- System Parking, $7 1st Hour, $10 2 hours, $15 max
14th Street, between H&I
- Laz Parking, $15
- Park America, $15
- Government Subscribers - included in subscription; log in to register and reserve your seat
- Government Member Pre-Registered (before 5/16, 12pm) - $20
- Government Non-member Pre-Registered (before 5/16, 12pm) - $25
- Government Member Walk-in - $30
- Government Non-member Walk-in - $35
- Sustaining Partner Member Pre-Registered (before 5/16, 12pm) - $70
- Industry Non-member Pre-Registered (before 5/16, 12pm) - $90
- Sustaining Partner Member Walk-in - $80
- Industry Non-member Walk-in - $100