October Monthly Speaker Series
Pre-registration for this event is closed. On-site registration will be offered on a space available basis.
On August 8, 2011, the Office of Management and Budget issued a Memorandum to the Heads of Federal Executive Departments and Agencies that clarifies the authorities and roles of Federal CIOs under the Chief Information Officer Act. This policy instruction highlighted the changing role of Agency Chief Information Officers, away from “just policymaking and infrastructure maintenance, to encompass true portfolio management for all IT.”Now, OMB has formalized this policy to drive adoption of the Federal Shared First initiative and launched a series of agency-wide IT portfolio reviews named PortfolioStat. PortfolioStat examines an agency’s IT portfolio as a whole and draws on the agency’s enterprise architecture with the goal to identify and eliminate areas of duplication and waste.
Learn first-hand from Federal leaders who are currently working with OMB to implement PortfolioStat as we explore issues such as:
- What is PortfolioStat and how is it being implemented in Federal agencies? What are the most successful agencies doing?
- How does PortfolioStat change the role and authorities of the Federal CIO organization and what does it mean for IT decision-making?
- Will this elevated attention to enterprise architecture impact the work of current Federal enterprise architects and will it increase their influence in IT decision-making?
- What does commodity IT consolidation really mean and how will it drive savings and efficiencies in Federal agencies?
- What does the consolidation of commodity IT under the CIO mean for Federal employees, contractors, and suppliers?
- How do the Chief Operating Officer, Chief Acquisition Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Information Officer work together to implement PortfolioStat?
Date and Location:
Thursday, October 11, 2012
7:00am - 9:00am
7:00am - 7:30am: Registration & Networking
7:30am - 9:00am: Breakfast & Program
The Washington Plaza Hotel
10 Thomas Circle, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Metro: McPherson Square(Orange & Blue)
(map and driving directions)
To receive the discounted government and Sustaining Partner rates to this event you must be logged in to our registration system. If you already have an account you can log in here. To create an account please visit our account registration page or contact the AFFIRM office at 703-778-4646 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Government Subscribers - included in subscription; log in to register and reserve your seat
- Government Member Pre-Registered (before 10/10, 12pm) - $0
- Government Non-member Pre-Registered (before 10/10, 12pm) - $0
- Government Member Walk-in - $0
- Government Non-member Walk-in - $0
- Sustaining Partner Package - included in subscription; log in to register and reserve your seat
- Sustaining Partner Member Pre-Registered (before 10/10, 12pm) - $55
- Industry Non-member Pre-Registered (before 10/10, 12pm) - $65
- Sustaining Partner Member Walk-in - $75
- Industry Non-member Walk-in - $95