Why you should join AFFIRM
AFFIRM offers its government, academia, and industry members excellent educational opportunities, and the chance to network, as individuals, with leaders in government and industry who set the direction and pace of the federal IT community. AFFIRM meets this need by providing numerous opportunities where government, academia and industry leaders can meet and work together on shared efforts to improve the management of IT in the federal government through improved education and communication. AFFIRM enables its members from government, academia, and industry to sustain a dialogue on matters of shared interest.
Are you looking for new ways to enhance your career?
According to OPM, Federal employees must see a clear career path with training, mentoring, and processes in place to support career development. AFFIRM has played a central role in developing government’s technology workforce since 1979.
AFFIRM Government and Academia memberships include the following specific benefits:
- Membership is free!
- Members have the opportunity to volunteer for service on the AFFIRM Board and engage in the substantive work of AFFIRM’s committees.
- Members receive complimentary registrations to our Speaker Series programs and discounted rates to other events.
Here are a few features of AFFIRM’s monthly programs:
- Moderators from media interview speakers in an entertaining and thoughtful way, making the information exchange timely
- Speakers range from a wide array of government agencies with emphasis on policy initiatives important to the government technology community
- Topics covered include OMB imperatives such as cybersecurity, managing complex IT programs, big data, and other major initiatives
- Senior leaders give their perspective and help groom technology professionals to take the next step in their careers
- Networking with peers during the monthly programs widens individual viewpoints to better understand missions outside the member's own agencies or educational institutions